Venue : Vigyan Bhavan
Time : 9am – 6pm
Sessions will include
1. Plenary lectures by international faculty
3. Panel discussions
4. Case discussions
5. Free paper and posters
6. Audit of each state programme
Suggested topics & faculty
– Epidemiology and genetics of clubfoot : recent advances
– Clubfoot scoring: how and why?
– Pitfalls in Ponseti treatment and how to manage them
– Management of relapses after Ponseti treatment
– Atypical / complex clubfeet : challenges and management
– The India Clubfoot Programme
1. Symposium on walking age clubfoot
Points to be covered
– Upper age limit for Ponseti casting?
– How is the older child different? Pathoanatomy / soft tissue stiffness /
– Role of x-rays and advanced imaging
– Weekly or 2 weekly?
– Sequential or simultaneous correction of bilateral clubfeet?
– Above knee or below knee casts?
– Plaster of Paris v/s fiberglass synthetic casts
– TA tenotomy or open release?
– Role of early tibialis anterior tendon transfer
– Ideal brace (FAB or AFO) and duration of bracing
– Additional soft tissue or bony procedures
– How to report outcomes (scoring system for older children)?
2. Symposium on syndromic clubfoot
Points to be covered
– Common syndromes associated with clubfoot?
– Tips and tricks in Ponseti casting in syndromic feet
– Success of Ponseti in different syndromes
– Management of feet resistant to Ponseti
– Management of relapses in syndromic feet
– Braces in clubfoot: which is the best?
– Adherence with bracing (why is it necessary & how to ensure fidelity?)
– How to run an effective and efficient model Clubfoot Clinic?
– Barriers to treatment of clubfoot (Indian experience v/s global
– Role of various stakeholders in ensuring complete and compulsory treat
ment of all children born with clubfeet (Govt MoH / state programme
manag ers & counselors / State Medical Directors / ASHA / District Early
Intervention centre (DEIC) / Rotary International / Global Clubfoot
Initiative (GCI) / Ponseti International (PIA)
– Research opportunities in clubfoot
Dr. Shafique Pirani
Dr. Nogrove penny
Dr. Chris Lavy
Dr. Steve Mannion
Dr. Mathew Dobbs
– Interesting cases with audience participation
– Best Paper and Best Poster Awards
Audit of regional programme
Venue: Vigyan Bhavan
Dinner and Fellowship